Gradient Nails Tutorial Results

 Gradient Manicure:



 Polishes used:
OPI Fit For a Queensland, OPI Pirouette My Whistle, Julep Robin, Julep Rose

This is my first try at the Gradient Nails technique.  I used the tutorial located here.  So what do you think? Here's the steps I went through:
  1. Applied Orly's Manicure Keeper (rubberized base coat) two times to keep nails from chipping.
  2. Applied three coats of Fit For a Queensland.
  3. Applied OPI's Pirouette My Whistle (glitter), Julep Robin (blue) & Julep Rose (red) on a cosmetic sponge in three rows.
  4. Tapped the sponge on my nails about 3-4 times.
  5. Applied Seche Vite top coat & will reapply a couple times per week to keep nails from chipping.
Next time I will use some additional techniques featured here.  I think her idea of using a toothpick to mix the colors together to create softer border lines between the colors will be a better look.  I'm extremely picky and a perfectionist, so I think that look will be better for me.  I was originally going to use colors very similar to each other, but really wanted to use these new colors I recently bought.  Not sure if I like it, probably will do a new manicure in one week instead of two. While this tutorial is easy, finding colors that work well side by side and clean up are not so easy.  Have you tried this technique yet, any tips?  This Julep polish was purchased for only 1 cent, yep, you heard it correctly, one cent.  To read my post on this bargain purchase, click here.

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave me a comment.  Have a PEACEful Day!

2 comments

Alexandria said...

I love your nails! And I am so happy you chose to use a few Julep products! Don't forget to enter our newest giveaway on Pinterest. The rules can be found at http://www.facebook.com/julep.

Wendy Webster said...

ty 4 the compliment, Alexandria!