Be Pretty Box by Vitacost - June 2013


This is a box of samples for $13.99 from a company called Vitacost that sells vitamins and organic cosmetics & food, etc.  This is a box that sells out quickly, so I was excited to be able to finally order one.  When it arrived I was sadly disappointed and many other customers felt the same way.  Normally this box has a value of around $70 and this one sadly missed the mark at $10.66 plus the six packet samples.  Included in the box were the following items:
  1. Atopalm - intensive moisturizing cream, .25 fl oz jar, $2.10 value
  2. Burt's Bees - day lotion with clary sage, .25 fl oz jar, $2.30 value
  3. Acure - 100% organic moroccan argan oil,  5 ml , $2.07 value
  4. White Egret - paraffin ear candles, $3.29 value
  5. St. Dalfour - five organic golden mango green tea bags, $0.45 value
  6. St. Dalfour - five organic classic breakfast tea bags, $0.45 value
  7. Earthpaste - natural toothpaste, four sample packets
  8. Sparkle Hearts - body lotion & shampoo, two sample packets
I have received the Atopalm cream before in another subscription box and it's good in the winter since it's very thick.  It's just ok, not a brand I would chose.  Hubby loves the Burt's Bees moisturizing lotion which I received in another subscription box in a full size.  I have lots of argan oil, so that one wont be used anytime soon.  I've been receiving so many samples of that oil from various brands in the past year.  I really don't like how oily it is and how long it takes to sink into the skin, so that's not something I would purchase either.  I'm not daring enough to try those ear wax cleaning candles, perhaps hubby will try them.  I have way too many tea bags, so I didn't need anymore.  Not crazy about trying a new tooth paste, but I'll give it a try.  The lotion & shampoo packets are labeled for little girls.

I received a refund for this box, since I notified them by email that I was upset about the low value of this box.  I have always received excellent customer service from this company which I purchase vitamins, Veggie Wash and rice & oat flour from.  I wont be purchasing anymore of their sample boxes.  They also have excellent prices. So I do recommend giving them your business.  If you would like $10 off your first purchase of $30 or more, click here.

Share this blog post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:  


Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments