Chef Samir Shaltout Restaurant Review - Greensboro, NC


4212 A West Wendover Avenue
Greensboro, NC  27407
(336) 852-9707


Interior Decor



Baba Ghanoush Appetizer



Vermicelli Rice & Salad (comes with Mousakka')



Mousakka' with Ground Beef



Chicken Kebab



Baklava


I researched restaurants near the Greensboro Costco and the Chef Samir Shaltout Restaurant looked the most interesting, so we gave it a try one Saturday afternoon. The interior is very nicely decorated.  The center has tables and both sides have comfortable booths. That day they put the tables together to accommodate thirteen men. So if you have a large group, they can accommodate your party.

Hubby & I started with an appetizer of Baba Ghanoush and it was delicious. The pita bread was served warm and just thinking about it now is making me hungry. I look forward to trying a different appetizer next. We wanted to try the sampler, but that's a bit pricey at $11.99, so we'll just try a different one for $3.99 each time we visit instead.

Then it was time to decide what to have as the main entree. I decided to give the Chicken Kebab entree for $12.99 a try. It was very good, but I look forward to trying something different next time.  Anyone have any suggestions on what I should order next time? Hubby ordered the Mousakka' Ground Beef entree for $13.99. I was jealous when it arrived, boy did it look good. We both love stews, so I had to have a bite and it was so yummy. Hubby really enjoyed it and it's something he would order again. After a few minutes the very hospitable chef came out to greet us. From what we could tell, this is something he does with all of his customers which is a nice touch. The waiter was friendly & attentive. 

We really enjoyed our meals and the calm atmosphere was much needed before we were to tackle the stressful crowds of Costco on a Saturday afternoon. Before we left, we ordered some Baklava for $3.99 to go since we were very full and couldn't eat anymore. Later after shopping, shortly after arriving home we ate the Baklava. Oh my goodness, it is divine! You must order this when you visit! You simply can't miss out of this incredibly delicious dessert! I highly recommend you give this restaurant a try next time you are in Greensboro and hungry!

Update - Summer 2016, we have been back several times together and Hubby has had several business lunches there. The service is always excellent, the food is promptly brought out and everything is so delicious! I uploaded a couple more photos on to Zomato. Check out my favorite appetizer here and view the Kofta Kebab Sandwich here

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Be sure to check out my other restaurant reviews for the Raleigh, Triangle area (search engine is over on the right side) and my latest ones for the Winston Salem, Triad area can be found by clicking on the images on my Restaurant Reviews Pinterest BoardWhat are your favorite restaurants in the Triad?

Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Click to add a blog post for Chef Samir Shaltout on Zomato

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments