Birchbox Subscription Box Review - October 2015



This is a review of a cosmetics subscription box called Birchbox. It only costs $10 per month and they have a generous point system, so in the end this box really only costs $5 including shipping. For October I chose one of the two boxes that weren't a surprise. There was also a mystery box to chose from. These options are a grand improvement that Birchbox has made which caused me to resubscribe. The box show above is perfect for me since it has lots of moisturizers and high end brands that I love. Included in this box were the following products:
  1. Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, .21  oz, $4.81 retail value
  2. Darphin - Stimulskin Plus Multi Corrective Divine Cream, .17 oz, $29.50 value
  3. Clinique - Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mega Melon, full size is $17, perhaps it's a half sized sample, $8.50 approximate value
  4. Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer, .25 oz, $9 value
  5. Estée Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Synchronized Complex II, .14 oz, $18.20 value
This is one of the best boxes they have put together in a long time. I have calculated it's minimum value at $61.51 which doesn't include the chubby stick who's label doesn't indicate it's size. I'm guessing it's a half size which makes it worth $8.50 for a total of $70.01! These samples are like the deluxe samples you have to use 100 points each for at Sephora, so I can't tell you how happy I am with this box! This must be the best box out of the twenty-one that I have purchased so far over the years!

The Clinique moisturizer is wonderful. It has a cooling effect and it's a gel so it sinks into the skin very quickly. Not real crazy about the Darphin moisturizer since it's a bit thick, yellow in color and stinks a bit. Never heard of this brand before, so it's my least favorite item in the box. I'm not a fan of chubby stick lipsticks since I don't like the packaging. This color reminds me of a lipstick my Mother wore in the 80's! It appears as a semi-gloss and it seems moisturizing but it doesn't have lasting power. I've tried the Smashbox primer before and I like it since it applies quickly and I can move on to the next step right after application. It's very similar to Laura Geller's & Julep's versions. I prefer Julep's version due to the better ingredients but Laura Geller's is my favorite as far as effectiveness. They also enclosed a pink ribbon pin for October's breast cancer awareness month.

Check out some of my previous boxes here:

September 2015

Bargain Alert - Subscribe by November 9th and receive a $10 credit to use in the Birchbox shop! Click here.

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Networked Blogs. Don't forget to claim your free Graze Box! Before you go, be sure to browse around my blog, I'm sure you'll find something that interests you.

Share this blog post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments