NEW Walmart Grocery - Order Online & Delivered to Your Car!



Walmart's Grocery Pickup Drive Thru - Winston Salem, NC


Temporary Loading Area


Free Cold Water & Note


I just found out about the wonderful new personal shopper service offered by Walmart. This time of year their store is so busy and since I'm not a fan of the crowds this is perfect for me. It's really simple, chose the items you want to purchase on their website or app, chose your pick up date and time (1 hour window) and let them know when you are on your way via phone or app. Then you drive to the pick up area and they come out and place the groceries in your vehicle for you. What a time saver! Not only can you order from their full line of groceries, but you can also order from other departments.

I ordered several days ago as soon as I found out about the service and scheduled pick up for today, Sunday. Ordering online was really easy, they have categories that are helpful such as their Thanksgiving category. I found several items I didn't even know they carried. Our pick up location in Winston Salem on Kester Mill Road is currently under construction and will open on November 20th. We drove to the temporary pick up area in the parking lot, as shown above. When we arrived another customer was receiving their groceries. We were early, so we notified the employee in the parking lot, but you're suppose to call or notify them via their app when you are on your way. Their app makes it so fast and easy. The app also gives you updates on your order, gives you directions, plus you can place an order on the app. The young man that delivered our groceries was extremely friendly and professional. As he was placing the groceries in our car he showed my husband the dates on the meat and let us know that they only deliver meat that is fresh for at least three days. That was one of my concerns before we gave the service a try, because I always search for the best dates and thought that they wouldn't. So I'm very happy to hear that they do. He also showed us our produce and asked if we were content with it's condition. In addition, he showed us the date on our apple cobbler. Plus, he placed stickers on all fragile items like our apple cobbler and wine and everything was in bags and the wine was double bagged. Yes, you can even order alcohol, but the person picking it up must be 21 years old or older. Out of the thirty-seven items I ordered three were out of stock. He informed us that it would take four to five days to receive a refund on those items. I wish they would take payment at the time of pickup so that a refund wouldn't be necessary. Luckily, I didn't need any of those out of stock items desperately this week so I plan to pick them up next time or at another store. I ordered some Thanksgiving items early since I know they sell out quickly. Next he gave us two 10 oz. bottles of cold Sam's Choice Purified Water. He ended the visit with a thank you, a hand shake and waved goodbye. While I was anxious about what this experience would be like, I'm happy to report I was very impressed!

I used a $10 off first time customer coupon and I provided a link below so that you can also get $10 off your first order. Currently in our area the pickup fee is free. According to the website some delivery time slots have fees in some areas, maybe this will be in the future. First time customers receive a goodie bag, but they were out of stock when we visited. He said we would get one next time we visit if they are in stock. I'm anxious to see what's in the goodie bag. Have you tried this service yet? I'd love to hear about your experience, please comment below. If not, are you considering trying it soon?

Bargain Alert - $10 off $50  (1st order)

Update - they didn't need to refund me for the three items that were out of stock since they charged me only for the items that were in stock. We received our goodie bag on the second order. It's a reusuable mini tote and inside are the following: snack bag of Doritos, 20 fl. oz. bottle of Sam's Choice Purified Drinking Water, 6.8 oz Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum, snack pack of Munchies Peanut Butter & Chocolate Sandwich Crackers, Init Nut & Fruit Bar, foil packet sample of L'oreal Total Repair Shampoo, Conditioner and Deep Conditioner and a Crest One Hour Express Whitestrip. Our second order went well also, with only one item out of stock. The drive thru is now open. I highly recommend this service!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Be sure to browse around my blog before you go, I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you. Be a pal and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:

Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments